Fun Skate Event Terms and Conditions
London Skaters Marathon Ltd Event Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all skaters participating in any event organised and operated by London Skaters Marathon Ltd. Completion of an Event Registration Form or purchase of an entry by (or on behalf of) the skater (“you”) acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You accept that the event you are entering is not a race in any format. Anyone considered to be competing against others will be stopped from participating and banned from entering future events.
- You are fully responsible for your actions whilst attending the event. This includes the event centre and during the event itself. London Skaters Marathon Ltd, does not accept responsibility for your actions nor their consequences.
- Upon signing the Event Registration Form or purchasing an entry, you agree that you confirm that you are physically fit and capable of undertaking this challenging event.
- Upon signing the Even Registration Form you agree to read and watch all pre-event information and any briefing videos.
- The Event Registration Form or purchase of an entry to an event must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. Evidence of age must be provided on request.
- Entrants under the age of 18 will be allowed to participate if they are a wheelchair user
- All skaters must wear a safety-approved cycling helmet complying with the latest EN1078, ANSI Z90/4 or SNELL standards during your participation in the event. You must accept this as a condition of entry.
- You confirm that the inline skate, roller skates and wheelchairs and all of your equipment is of a suitable standard and state of roadworthiness.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
- Upon signing the Event Registration Form, you agree that you (and any other entrants you are registering) are physically and mentally capable of skating the distance you have chosen. If during the event you decide to change the route or distance, you do so at your own risk.
- Any marked route is shown for guidance only. We reserve the right to shorten or alter the published route at any time. You do not have the right to claim a refund if the route is shortened or altered.
- If you fail to complete the course for any reason, you agree to return to or call the event centre before the close of the event and report to a member of staff.
- You are requested to skate in appropriate manner and no more than 2 abreast at any time. Please be aware that marshals will be passing on your right and may ask you to give way. Always indicate your intention to stop or change direction.
- You must adhere to and obey the Highway Code and extend all reasonable courtesy to other road and off-road users.
- You must not drop or leave any litter on any part of the route but dispose of it responsibly at an appropriate place or bin.
- You will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by you. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, you agree that a member of our Team or a member of the public may call on your behalf. In this situation, you still accept the costs and consequences of such actions.
- Participation in the event is at your own risk.
- Third party insurance cover is provided for all participants during the event, covering claims resulting from accidental damage to third party property. This insurance cover is adjudged void if it is deemed the participant has acted negligently. No further insurance cover is provided by us for participating in an event.
- We strongly recommend each rider organises their own personal insurance cover.
- It is a condition of entry for events outside of the United Kingdom that you have purchased a suitable level of travel insurance to cover the potential activity and liability involved.
Recordings and Event Photography
- By participating in the event, you confirm and agree that we and third parties authorised by us may record you via photographs, film, audio, audio-visual or other recordings, still or moving, during the event (“Recordings”). We shall own all rights in such recordings and you hereby (i) assign to us any and all present and future copyright, performance rights and any other right, title and interest in and to the Recordings and you hereby waive the benefit of any law known as “moral rights”; (ii) agree that we may use the Recordings for any purpose at our sole discretion including in any marketing and/or publicity materials, and on any website and social media; and (iii) agree that the Recordings may be altered, edited and/or modified (e.g. combined with other images, text, graphics and/or sound). You hereby release us from any and all liability from such use and promotion and specifically waive any right to any compensation you may have for appearing in any of the Recordings.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure that as many participants as possible are captured in our Event Photography as possible, we do not offer individual photos and do not guarantee that there will be a photo of everyone.
- Event entry fees are non-refundable but may be refunded at the discretion of the event organiser.
- We reserve the right to cancel any event due to adverse weather conditions. Your entry will be automatically moved to the rescheduled event. If you are unable to make the rescheduled event, you can carry your entry to another event of an equal or lower ticket value within the 12 months following the rescheduled event. No refunds will be issued and no compensation will be given towards your travel or accommodation costs.
Your Personal Information